BioNanoTechnology (COMPSCI 296.06 )
||Thom LaBean, Room 3101 French Family Science Center, (919)660-1565, thomas.labean(at)duke.edu
Meeting Times: WF 2:50PM - 4:05PM
Room: B102 LSRC
Office Hours: Monday, Thursday 11:00-12:00 am or by appointment
Room 3101 French Family Science Center
TOPICS TO BE COVERED
- Background Nanotechnology, What is BioNanoTech?
- Structural Principles, Self-Assembly
- NanoMaterials (nanoparticles, nanotubes, nanowires, nanocrystals, block co-polymers)
- Biomacromolecules (Nucleic acid and protein structure, MAGE)
- Methods and Instruments: Molecular biology, chemistry, microscopy (AFM, TEM, SEM, STM, etc.)
- DNA Design & Engineering. DNA-Based Nanofabrication. Algorithmic Self-Assembly.
- Protein & Peptide Design & Engineering. In vitro evolution.
- Molecular Robotics. Molecular Diagnostics. Molecular Electronics
- DNA-Based Computing. Principles and Historic Development
- BioNano with Protein, Viral, and Cellular Building Blocks
- Impacts: biosensors, molecular theraputics, nanoelectronic, nanooptical, nanochemical, molecular manufacturing,