Choose a category above to view topics or enter terms in the box
below to search only the CS Lab FAQs and other documentation.
If you have any comments, corrections, or suggestions, please
contact the Lab Staff.
- See the Disk Usage Policy
for information about where things are in departmental file systems.
- Understanding and monitoring your
disk quota, and why
these are needed in the age of cheap disk space.
- Project Space
is available to faculty for collaborative work.
- Users should set appropriate access permissions
on their directories and files.
- Many backup issues can be quickly resolved, without requiring
lab staff intervention, by using the
snapshots capability of our
Network Appliance storage devices.
- Similarly, E-Mail Inbox Mirroring
provides snapshot backups of your incoming mail.
- Access department filesystems (and printers) from your personal