Date: June 19th, 2009
In conjunction with the 6th Intl. Conference on Autonomic Computing
and Communications (ICAC 2009)
Location: Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Building Vertex, room S206A on floor "-2"
Large-scale server farms of all kinds share many common challenges.
Automated techniques will play a critical role in reasoning about and
orchestrating the behaviors of these systems. The purpose of this workshop
is to bring together researchers working on automated control for
cluster computing, large-scale Internet services, cloud computing
infrastructures, enterprise datacenters, and other server farms. The
workshop focuses on the separation of application concerns from
infrastructure, resource, power and other management issues.
[Full Call For Papers in .txt format]
Topics for this workshop include:
- Autonomic policies and techniques for improving reliability,
performance, scalability and power efficiency of large server
- Separation of application concerns from infrastructure, resource,
power and other management issues
- Change management and adaptation techniques
- Experience reports on challenges and solutions in large-scale
Internet services, cloud computing infrastructures, enterprise
datacenters and other server farms.
- Experience reports on requirements of high performance data
computing, scientific computing, data processing and other
applications using large server farms
- Experiences with automatic control strategies, including strategies
based on rule systems, strategies economic models, metering-based,
- Reports on key similarities and difference in autonomic
requirements across classes of server farm infrastructures
- Management of network infrastructures within server farms and
between server farms