Keep In Touch: Alumni News
The following alumni have notified us of career advancements and happenings in their personal lives
- Christopher Carlon (BS, '11): Technology Consulting Analyst, Accenture, New York, NY.
- Haoyu Chen (COM, '11): Windows Performance Team Developer, Microsoft, Bellevue, WA.
- Nancy Chen (COM, '11): Interaction Designer, NetApp’s User Experience Team, Sunnyvale, CA.
- Liang Dong (MS ’11): Software Developer working on quality engineering for SPARC and Solaris platforms at Oracle in Santa Clara, CA.
- Se-Gil Feldsott (AB, '11): Software Developer, Epic, Madison, WI. It's quite nice since there are many other Duke alums at his company. He doesn't have any kids, but he did adopt a Beagle.
- Shashi Ganjugunte (PhD ’11): Mentor Graphics, designing and implementing algorithms for Electronic Design Automation
- Ben Getson (AB, '11): Product Manager, LivingSocial, Washington, DC.
- Ivelin Georgiev (PhD, '09): Co-head of the Structural Bioinformatics Section (SBiS) at the Vaccine Research Center (VRC), National Institute for Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), NIH.
- Ivelin Georgiev (PhD, '09): Selected to receive a 2011 NIAID Merit Award.
- Raluca Gordon (PhD ’09): Returned to Duke with a joint appointment in the Institute for Genome Sciences & Policy and the Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, with a secondary appointment in the Department of Computer Science. Dr. Gordon worked on DNA motif discovery algorithms under the supervision of Prof. Alex Hartemink at Duke and conducted postdoctoral research with Prof. Martha Bulyk at Brigham & Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School.
- Alan Guo (MIN, '11): PhD student in Computer Science, MIT, Cambridge, MA.
- Zhichao Han (COM, '11): APT (applied Predictive Technologies), Arlington, VA.
- Ga-Young Joung (COM, 2011): Software Engineer, Google, Mountain View, CA.
- Judson Killion (AB, 2007): Working on MBA at Wake Forest University. Engaged to Natalie Vaders, scheduled to get married in 2013.
- Liz Liang (BS, '11): Front End Software Engineer, APT, Arlington, Va. There's a good duke crowd here and its beginning to feel like home. No marriage or kids on the horizon but a paper that he contributed to (with Susan Rodger) got accepted to a conference!
- Sam Louis (BS, '06): Software Developer, (new job) at Starfish Retention Solutions, Washington DC, Arlington, VA. Starfish is looking for graduates in the DC area with java experience.
- Gang Luo (MS ’11): Data Engineer at TwoSigma Investment LLC, a financial services company in Manhattan driven by intensive technology.
- Ashley (DeMass) Odom & Jonathan Odom (AB, '09 & COM, '09): Healthcare Consulting, Public Consulting Group, Raleigh, NC. Her biggest project right now is Medicaid post-payment reviews - she works on the business side but does a lot of data analysis and work mostly with the company's IT/Development group to build a web application to manage the project. Living in Durham, NC while Jonathan works on ECE PhD at Duke University.
- Henry Qin (AB, '11): Microsoft, Seattle, WA. He participates in various teaching-related volunteer activities: Study Zone at the Bellevue Regional Library, computer classes at the Seattle Public Library, and teaching mathematics at the Northwest Chinese School. Also involved in some volunteer web development for the same Chinese school.
- Ryan Scudellari (MS ’11): Software Engineer at Bronto Software in Durham, working on Bronto’s online marketing platform.
- Peng Shi (BS, '10) started his Ph.D. studies
at MIT (Operations Research) after spending a year as a Social
Entrepreneurial Intern for Bless China International (BCI), Kunming,
- Gavin Taylor (PhD ’11): Assistant Professor at the US Naval Academy.
- Andrew Todd (AB2, '06): Developer, PayPal, Baltimore, MD. Spent good part of 2009 and 2010 backpacking around the world.
- James Wu (COM, '11): Software Engineer, Funzio, San Francisco, CA.
- Lirong Xia (PhD ’11): Received a CIFellowship for a postdoc at Harvard. Bo Waggoner (BS, '11) joined him at Harvard for his PhD studies. They and Prof. Vince Conitzer are working together on a project.
- Xuting Zhao (MS ’11): Software Engineer at Yahoo! in Sunnyvale, CA. Working on Apache Pig on the CPG (Cloud Platform Group) team.
Do you have something
for alumni news? Would you like to update your info? Fill out
the Alumni Registration Form
and tell us about your new job, awards, new degree, etc.