Keep In Touch: Alumni News
The following alumni have notified us of career advancements and other events:
- Douglas Atkinson (BA, '90) is Regional Sales Manager at Given Imaging Inc in Charlotte, NC.
- Alex Beutel (BS, '11) is a Graduate Student at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.
- Nick Bodnar (BS, '12) got married in June, started working for Microsoft in Durham (RTP), and bought a house.
- Nedyalko Borisov (PhD, 12) works at Facebook in their Palo Alto, CA, office as a Software Engineer on the Prism project.
- Christopher Carlon (BS, '11) is switching jobs to Software Reliability Engineer at Google in New York City.
- Harish Chandran (PhD, 12) took a job at Google and works as a Software Engineer on the Google+ team. His group is in charge of stream ranking, which is the component that decides what and in what order you see posts on your Google+ stream.
- Nancy Chen (BS, 11) is a MS Student in Human-Computer Interaction at Carnegie Mellon University.
- Siyang Chen (BS, 12) is a Software Engineer at Facebook in Menlo Park, CA.
- Eduardo Cuervo (PhD, 12) is a Research Scientist in the Seamless Connectivity group at the Network and Communications Lab at HP Labs. He works on interactions between multiple mobile devices and the cloud and new aspects of code offload.
- Fei Dong (MS, 12): has settled at LinkedIn as a Software Engineer on the Ads team.
- Alex Dutu (MS, 12) is working at AMD in Austin, TX, as a Software Engineer on the Heterogeneous Architecture Team. His team explores applications/algorithms which can benefit from parallel acceleration in the context of AMDs heterogeneous processors.
- Brittany Fasy (PhD, 12) took a position as a Postdoctoral Fellow at Carnegie Mellon University. She is involved in several research groups at CMU: with collaborators in computational biology, she is working on determining gene expressions of cancer cells given gene expressions of mixed cancer cells; with collaborators in statistics, she is working on developing a connection between topology and statistics; and, with the computational geometry group, she is working on solving the 2D graph Laplacian fast.
- Shashidhara (Shashi) Ganjugunte (PhD, 12) is at Mentor Graphics in Oregon. He is a senior R&D Engineer designing geometric algorithms used in manufacturing electronic chips.
- Nikhil Gopalkrishnan (PhD, 12) is a Postdoctoral Fellow at Harvard University in Peng Yin's lab at the Wyss institute.
- Zhiqiang (Steve) Gu (PhD, 12) works as a Sensor Algorithms Engineer at Apple, doing research on future input devices and sensors for next generation iPhones and iMacs.
- Xin Guo (PhD, 12) is a Research Scientist at Gilead Sciences, a biotech company located in Foster City, CA.
- Herodotos (Hero) Herodotou (PhD, 12) works as a Senior Research Software Development Engineer in the eXtreme Computing Group (XCG) at Microsoft Research. His focus is on cloud computing and infrastructure.
- Javier (Jay) Hollingsworth (AB, '12) was hired in July by EMC Corporation in Durham where he serves as a support technician for their GLaaS Operations in the Enterprise Storage Division.
- Prateek Jaipuria (MS, 12) works at the ISI Research Institute at the University of Southern California.
- John Kline (BS-ECE/CS, '12) works at Sapient Government Services as a Junior Associate, Technology, in Arlington, VA.
- Nathan Klug (BS, '12) is a Google Software Engineer in Silicon Valley.
- Joe Levy (AB, '12) works as a Microsoft Program Manager in Seattle, WA.
- Ang Li (PhD, 12) is a Software Engineer at Arista Networks, Inc.
- Marcus Molchany (BS, '08) is an Automation Software Engineer at NetApp in Morrisville, NC.
- Stephen Odaibo (MS, '09) is CEO and Founder of Quantum Lucid Research Laboratories and an Opthalmology resident at Howard University Hospital. He has authored a book: Quantum Mechanics and the MRI Machine.
- Michael Parson (BS, '04) works as Director, Software Development, at Heart Imaging Technologies in Durham.
- Paul Pauca (PhD, '01), a Professor at Wake Forest University, was featured as one of NBC Latino's 20 Innovators for his work developing mobile apps for children and adults with disabilities, including the Verbal Victor app.
- SharathKumar Raghvendra (PhD, 12) is a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Department of Computer Science at Stanford University.
- Souvik Sen (PhD, 12) is a Research Scientist in the Seamless Connectivity group at the Network and Communications Lab at HP Labs. His work is on next generation wireless networks, and enabling in-building WiFi based localization.
- Amre Shakimov (PhD, 12) joined a young startup called Nicira, in Palo Alto, CA, which was shortly thereafter acquired by VMWare. Amre is a senior member of the technical staff.
- Devon Spinnler (BS, '12) is a Program Manager at Microsoft in Redmond, WA.
- Harish Srinivasan (BS, Dec '08) is a Sales Engineer at Cisco Systems in the San Francisco Bay Area.
- David Vaughn's team at Measurement Incorporated won a pair of automated assessment challenges.
- Xixi Wang (MS, 12) works at Cisco in San Jose, CA, as a Software Engineer.
- Peter Williams (BS-ECE/CS, '10) is a Software Developer at Shoeboxed.com in Durham.
- Lirong Xia (PhD, '11), a Postdoctoral Researcher at the Center for Research on Computation and Society at the Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences (SEAS), was featured in an article on rethinking U.S. elections.
- Ke (Jessie) Xu (MS, 12) works at Zynga, a game company located in San Francisco, as a Software Engineer on the payments team. Shes working on the payments system for all Zynga games.
- Zihang Yin (MS, 12) works at Amazon as a Software Development Engineer. His work relates to networks and security, specifically detecting the distributed denial of service attacks to Amazon infrastructure.
- Yi Zhang (PhD, 12) is a Software Engineer at Google in NYC, working on systems that help advertisers optimize their campaigns.
- Muzhi Zhao (MS, 12) joined EMD, ElectroMotive Diesel, in Chicago where he is a Software Engineer developing control panels for locomotives.
- Xuting Zhao (MS, 11) has moved to Oracle in Redwood City, CA, as a Software Engineer.
- Yunjia Zhou (MS, 12) is at Salesforce, an enterprise cloud computing company in San Francisco, as a Quality Assurance Engineer. Her job is to maintain and improve Salesforce's core infrastructure, including fixing bugs, writing automation tests and adding new features according to customers' requests.
- Xuanran Zong (MS, 11) took a job at Arista Networks, which builds data-center switches in Santa Clara, CA. His job is to write multicast route programming code for their next-generation product.
Do you have something
for alumni news? Would you like to update your info? Fill out
the Alumni Registration Form
and tell us about your new job, awards, new degree, etc.