Keep In Touch: Alumni News
The following alumni have notified us of career advancements and other events:
- Samuel Lee Brown (BA, ’95): WakeMed, Raleigh NC.
- Christopher Carlon (BS '11) Technology Consulting Analyst focused on Security. Accenture, New York City NY
- Stephanie Chang (MIN ’11): Software Engineer, Khan Academy.
- Bingxin (Nancy) Chen (COM ’11): Associate Interaction Designer, NetApp. Will attend Carnegie Mellon University for MA in Human Computer Interaction.
- Mark Elstein (COM ’11): Systems Product Development Engineer, Intel Corporation, Non-Volatile Memory Solutions Group, CA.
- Hareesh Ganesan (BSE/AB2 ’12): Business Analyst,
Applied Predictive Technologies, Arlington VA.
- Lisa Guthermuth (BS ’12): Software Development Engineer,
Amazon, Seattle WA.
- John Kline (BS2 ’12): Junior Software Engineer, Sapient Government Services, Arlington CA.
- Nathan Klug (BS ’12): Software Developer, Google, moving to the Bay Area.
- Sam Louis (BS ’06): Software Developer, Starfish Retention Solutions, Rosslyn VA.
- Lakshya Madhok (AB2 '11): Analyst, Morgan Stanley, Purchase NY.
- The Artificial Intelligence subcommunity that specializes in the field
of automated planning held a symposium on May 24-25 at the University of Maryland in honor of Duke graduate Professor Dana Nau (PhD, '79). Scholars from Israel, China, Canada, the United States, and several nations in Europe
came and presented recent results while giving credit to Dana for his
foundational work. Dana is the author, with two coauthors, of the best known book on this topic.
- Lars Nyland (PhD, '91) gave a presentation on the new GPU from NVIDIA that will be used at Oak Ridge National Labs this fall. It is expected to be at the top of top 500 supercomputer list by the end of the year. Read more »
- Michael G. Sherman (BS, '95): Principal, Boston Consulting Group, Dallas TX.
- Brian Simel (AB2 ’12): Business Consultant, Applied Predictive Technologies, Arlington VA.
- Amberly Tenney (AB2 '12): Home for the summer with bits of traveling. Technology consulting for Accenture beginning in August.
- Andrew Todd (AB2 ’06): Software Developer, PayPal, Baltimore MD.
- Yusu Wang (PhD, '04): was granted tenure and promoted to Associate Professor in the Computer Science and Engineering Department at Ohio State University. While at Duke, her advisor was Pankaj Agarwal. She is particularly interested in understanding the geometric and topological structures of hidden domains from their discrete samples, such as unorganized point clouds data, as well as applying theoretical insights and the resulting algorithms to application domains.
- Jianyang (Michael) Zeng (PhD,'12) is moving to Tsingua University IIIS as a tenure-track assistant professor and head of lab.
Do you have something
for alumni news? Would you like to update your info? Fill out
the Alumni Registration Form
and tell us about your new job, awards, new degree, etc.