Alvin R. Lebeck
Professor of Computer Science and Electrical and Computer Engineering
Faculty Group: Systems & Architecture
Ph.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1995
M.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1991
B.S., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1989
Honors & Awards
Best Paper Award, ACM/IEEE International Symposium on Microarchitecture, 1998; National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 1997.
Computer architecture, nano-scale systems, memory system, energy efficient computing, and multiprocessors.
Architecting Resilient Memory Hierarchies, Architectures for Emerging Technologies, Multicore/Multiprocessor Systems.
- Accelerating Markov Random Field Inference using Molecular Optical Gibbs Sampling Units, Siyang Wang, Xiangyu Zhang, Yuxuan Li, Ramin Bashizade, Song Yang, Chris Dwyer, Alvin R. Lebeck, Proceedings of the 43rd International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA) June 2016, to appear.
- Exploiting Accelerators for Efficient High Dimensional Similarity Search, Sandeep R. Agrawal, Chris R. Dee, Alvin R. Lebeck, Proceedings of the 21st ACM SIGPLAN Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming (PPoPP), March 2016.
- Nanoscale Resonance Energy Transfer-Based Devices for Probabilistic Computing, Siyang Wang, Alvin R. Lebeck, Chris Dwyer, IEEE Micro.35(5): pages 72-84, Sept/Oct 2015.
- More is Less, Less is More: Molecular-scale Photonic NoC Power Topologies, Jun Pang, Chris Dwyer, Alvin R. Lebeck, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), pages 283-296, March 2015.
- Rhythm: Harnessing Data Parallel Hardware for Server Workloads, Sandeep R. Agrawal, Valentin Pistol, Jun Pang, John Tran, David Tarjan, Alvin R. Lebeck, International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), pages 19-34, March 2014.
Extended List of Publications
Publications by Alvin R. Lebeck