Chase's Guide to Durham
310: Introduction to Systems (Fall 2013). Note: Duke has
renumbered its courses. This course was formerly known as CPS 110
and then CPS 210; it is also cross-listed as ECE 253.
210: Graduate Operating Systems (Spring 2010)
- CPS 212: Distributed * Systems (Fall
- CPS 114/214: Computer Networks and Distributed Systems (Spring 2007)
- CPS 49S: The Global Commons: Cooperation and Conflict on the Internet (Fall 2006)
- CPS 300: Introduction to Graduate Study
My research area is operating systems/distributed systems. My current research
focuses primarily on on-demand utility computing ("cloud"). My group also conducts research
on network storage, end-system networking, and Internet service infrastructures.
Research project sites are accessible through the links below.
- Co-chair, NSF GENI Control Framework Working Group
- Faculty Co-Director of Scalable Computing for Duke University [SCSC wiki]
- Faculty Liaison to RENCI for Duke University
- Co-chair, ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (ACM SOCC 2011)
- Co-chair, International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks (TridentCom 2010)
- Program Committee, International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2010)
- Co-chair, Workshop on Automated Control for Datacenters and Clouds (ACDC09)
- Program Committee, ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP 2009)
- Program Committees: Managed Multi-Core Systems (MMCS 08), NetEcon 2008, HotPower 2009, HotCloud 2009
- Program Committee, USENIX 2008 Annual Technical Conference, June 2007.
- Program Committee, Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI 2008)
- Co-chair, USENIX 2007 Annual Technical Conference, June 2007.
- Co-chair, SysML07, April 2007.
- Co-chair, First Workshop on Economics of Networked Systems (NetEcon06), June 2006.
- Program Committee, USENIX Technical Conference, June 2006.
- Program Committee, International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC), June 2006.
- Track Co-chair for Performance, Reliability, and Scalability, 15th International World-Wide Web Conference (WWW 2006), May 2006.
- Track Chair for Systems Software, Supercomputing 2005 (SC05), October 2005.
- Earlier activities