Chase's Guide to Durham (2010)
My research area is operating systems/distributed systems. My current research
focuses primarily on cloud infrastructure services and federation
(e.g., ExoGENI), trust
security in cloud environments (e.g., Silver), and automation for
cloud-hosted applications (e.g., ADAMANT). My group also conducts research
on network storage, software-defined and end-system networking, and Internet service infrastructures.
- Editorial board, CACM Research Highlights
- Program Committees: NSDI 2013, NSDI 2015, SIGCOMM 2015
- Co-chair, NSF GENI Control
Framework Working Group and member of GENI Architects panel (2010-2014).
- Faculty Co-Director of Scalable Computing for Duke
- Faculty Liaison to RENCI for Duke University
- Co-chair, ACM Symposium on Cloud Computing (ACM SOCC 2011)
- Co-chair, International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks (TridentCom 2010)
- Program Committee, International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC 2010)
- Co-chair, Workshop on Automated Control for Datacenters and Clouds (ACDC09)
- Program Committee, ACM Symposium on Operating Systems Principles (SOSP 2009)
- Program Committees: Managed Multi-Core Systems (MMCS 08), NetEcon 2008, HotPower 2009, HotCloud 2009
- Program Committee, USENIX 2008 Annual Technical Conference, June 2007.
- Program Committee, Networked Systems Design and Implementation (NSDI 2008)
- Co-chair, USENIX 2007 Annual Technical Conference, June 2007.
- Co-chair, SysML07, April 2007.
- Co-chair, First Workshop on Economics of Networked Systems (NetEcon06), June 2006.
- Program Committee, USENIX Technical Conference, June 2006.
- Program Committee, International Conference on Autonomic Computing (ICAC), June 2006.
- Track Co-chair for Performance, Reliability, and Scalability, 15th International World-Wide Web Conference (WWW 2006), May 2006.
- Track Chair for Systems Software, Supercomputing 2005 (SC05), October 2005.
- Earlier activities