Reif's Links to:
Biomolecular Computing and Nanoscience at Duke
Presentations on Self-Assembled DNA Tiling Lattices & DNA Robotics:
Recent Presentations on Self-Assembled DNA Tiling Lattices & DNA Robotics:
On DNA Nanostructures:
On DNA Nanodevices:
On both DNA Nanostructures & DNA Nanodevices:
Prior Talk Presentations:
Overview papers by Reif and LaBean on DNA-Based Autonomous Devices
· John H. Reif and Thomas H. LaBean, Autonomous Programmable Biomolecular Devices Using Self-Assembled DNA Nanostructures, Communications of the ACM (CACM), Special Section entitled “New Computing Paradigms (edited by Toshinori Munakata), Volume 50, Issue 9, pp. 46-53 (Sept 2007). Short version [PDF] Extended version [PDF]
· John H. Reif and Thomas H. LaBean, Engineering Natural Computation by Autonomous DNA-Based Biomolecular Devices, Invited Chapter, Handbook of Natural Computing, edited by Grzegor Rozenberg, Thomas Bäck, Joost Kok, Springer-Verlag, New York, (2009). [PDF]
Overview papers by Reif and LaBean on Self-Assembled DNA Tiling Lattices
· John H. Reif and Thomas H. LaBean, DNA Nanotechnology and its Biological Applications, in textbook “Nano-scale and Bio-inspired Computing”, Chapter 13, (edited by Mary Eshaghian), Publisher: Wiley, Hoboken, NJ, USA, (February 2009). [PDF]
Some of My Recent Experimental Papers on demonstrations of DNA Nanostructures
· Experimental demonstration of programmed molecular assembly: Peng Yin, Rizal F. Hariadi, Sudheer Sahu, Harry M.T.Choi, Sung Ha Park, Thomas H. LaBean, John H. Reif, Programming DNA Tube Circumferences, Science, Vol. 321. no. 5890, pp. 824–826 (August 8, 2008). [PDF] Supplemental Info: [PDF]
· Experimental demonstration of Autonoumous Molecular Robot: Peng Yin, Hao Yan, Xiaoju G. Daniel, Andrew J. Turberfield, John H. Reif, A Unidirectional DNA Walker Moving Autonomously Along a Linear Track, Angewandte Chemie [International Edition], Volume 43, Number 37, Sept. 20, 2004, pp. 4906-4911. [PDF] or [PDF] Supplemental Information: [PDF] Abstract: [PDF] Talk: [PDF] [PPT]
· Experimental demonstration of programmed molecular patterning: Hao Yan, Thomas H. LaBean, Liping Feng, and John H. Reif, Directed Nucleation Assembly of Barcode Patterned DNA Lattices, Proceedings of the National Academy of Science(PNAS), Volume 100, No. 14, pp. 8103-8108, July 8, (2003). [PDF] (Publicity)
Conferences & Workshops on Nanoscience & Biomolecular Computing Organized by John Reif:
(FNANO = FOUNDATIONS OF NANOSCIENCE: SELF-ASSEMBLED ARCHITECTURES AND DEVICES)
· General Chairman of FNANO09, Snowbird, Utah, April 20-24, 2009.
· General Chairman of FNANO08, Snowbird, Utah, April 22 -25, 2008.
· Program Chairman of FNANO07, Snowbird, Utah, April 18 -21, 2007.
· Program Chairman of FNANO06, Snowbird, Utah, April 23-27, 2006.
· Program Chairman (with coChair John Monahan) of NSF Workshop: Emerging Opportunities of Nanoscience to Energy Conversion and Storage, Arlington VI, November 21-22, 2005 (See Workshop Report)
· Program Chairman of FNANO05, Snowbird, Utah, April 24-28, 2005.
· Program Chairman of FNANO04, Snowbird, Utah, April 21-23, 2004.
· Program Chair, Workshop: DARPA BIO-DNA Meeting, Feb. 26, 2000.
· Program Chair, Workshop:Biomolecular Computation: Its Potential and Applications, Oct. 1, 1999.