Stone Carving Images
Graduate student Elizabeth Baltes learns from sculptor and stone carver Simon Verity how to work a chisel on a block of limestone in the back of the Nasher Museum at Duke on March 25, 2013. Undergraduate Jei-Min Yoo and Professor Carlo Tomasi eagerly await for their turn.
This event was part of an effort by the group of researchers to understand how to interpret the chisel marks they see on the stone walls of medieval buildings.
This is a repository for images of stone carvings taken for a project directed by Caroline Bruzelius in collaboration with Carlo Tomasi and the Nasher Museum of Art at Duke University. This site is work in progress.
- Miscellaneous pictures of people at work on this project:
- Nasher Museum, January 28 and February 4, 2013
- Zip file with all the images, arranged in subdirectories. Use this link to download all the images with a single click.
- Click on the pictures below to access individual images.
- Naples, Italy, March 2013
- Click on the picture below to access individual images.