The following pages are targeted towards explaining many web-related issues that will help users make better informated decisions about their public and private web resources.
- Access your email through the web, using Roundcube
- Prevent email from being harvested from your web pages.
- Users who receive accounts from the CS Lab staff can now retrieve their account information online, by using the Duke NetID.
- Controlling access to web material
- A primer on htaccess files, the basis for access control on the web.
- Using basic authentication, the most flexible method, allowing access for non-Duke-affiliated users, but the most cumbersome, management-wise.
- Using Shibboleth, which allows easy access to any Duke-affiliated person, with little management required.