If you are using DHCP, check the radio button 255.255.254.0) and the Default gateway (184.108.40.206) as shown in figure 1 below.. Otherwise, enter the IP address given to you, the Subnet Mask (
Figure 1. Windows 10 IPv4 settings
You can set the DNS Servers or choose to 220.127.116.11 and the Alternate DNS server should be set to 18.104.22.168.. The Preferred DNS server should be
Figure 2. Windows 10 DNS settings
- Make sure your machine has obtained an IP address. This can be done either by using DHCP or you can request a static IP from the Lab Staff (please mention the machine type, OS, and name you would like).
- Right-click on the Start button and select . Then type .
- In the window double-click on your active network adapter. This is usually named . You should see a new window labeled .
- Now click and double-click . This will bring up a new window where you can set the IP address, subnet mask, default gateway and preferred DNS server.
- Click on the tab. In the new window you will see tabs for IP Settings, DNS and WINS.
- On the cs.duke.edu and duke.edu. Also, uncheck the box that says . See figure 2. tab, select the button. Add
- Select the tab and under select the radio button.
- Click .