Masters Financial Support

Grad students play game at annual meeting


There are no Duke or department scholarship funds available for Computer Science Masters students. The Graduate School Financial Aid Office has information about federal student loans for U.S. Citizens or Permanent Residents. MSEC applicants, check with the Economics for financial aid information.

Computer Science Masters students often find work as a Research Assistant with a professor in CS or a related department,  or as a Teaching Assistant in Computer Science. Both positions pay stipend only and have no effect on tuition. The CS Graduate Program Office will let students know about these opportunities as they become available.

Besides RA and TA positions, students may also take on small on-campus programming jobs which are often advertised to CS students, and other students find work as a tutor for CS classes.

Ask the Graduate Program Coordinator for more information about any of these positions.

Graduate students who are US citizens or permanent residents meeting the federal criteria for need can apply for loans and work-study employment. Eligible students should check the Graduate School financial support page to apply for aid.