Paul Ruffin Scarborough Distinguished Associate Professor of Engineering, Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering, Associate Professor of Ophthalmology, Associate Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Associate Professor of Computer Science,
- Faculty Area:
- Artificial Intelligence
- sina.farsiu at duke.edu
- 5014 AERI
- (919) 684-6642
- Web page:
Ph.D., University of California, Santa Cruz, Electrical Engineering, 2005
M.Sc., University of Tehran (Iran), Biomedical Engineering, 2001
B.S., Sharif University of Technology (Iran), Electrical Engineering, 1999
Honors & Awards
2011 IEEE Signal Processing Society - Best Paper Award - in the field of Image Processing among all papers published in IEEE Signal Processing Society's publications between 2005-2010. 2012 NIH-R01. 2012 NIH-R21.
Computer aided diagnosis of ocular and neurological diseases; photonics imaging; image enhancement, reconstruction, and analysis; compressive sensing; super resolution; statistical signal processing.
- R. Estrada, C. Tomasi, S.C. Schmidler, and S. Farsiu, Tree Topology Estimation, IEEE Transactions on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence (PAMI), 37(8),pp. 1688-1701 August 2015.
- L. Fang, S. Li, R. P. McNabb, Q. Nie, A. N. Kuo, C. A. Toth, J. A. Izatt, and S. Farsiu, Fast Acquisition and Reconstruction of Optical Coherence Tomography Images via Sparse Representation, IEEE Transactions on Medical Imaging, 2013.
- M.D. Robinson, C.A. Toth, J.Y. Lo, S. Farsiu, Efficient Fourier-wavelet Super-resolution, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2010.
- S. Farsiu, J. Christofferson, B. Eriksson, P. Milanfar, B. Friedlander, A. Shakouri, R. Nowak, Statistical Detection and Imaging of Objects Hidden in Turbid Media Using Ballistic Photons, Applied Optics, 2007.
- S. Farsiu, D. Robinson, M. Elad, and P. Milanfar, Fast and Robust Multi-Frame Super-Resolution, IEEE Transactions on Image Processing, 2004.