Professor of Computer Science, Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering - Visiting Fall 2020; joining Duke in Spring 2021
- michael.reiter at duke.edu
- D310 LSRC
- (919) 660-6524
- Web page:
Ph.D., Cornell University, 1993
M.S., Cornell University, 1991
B.S., University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill, 1989
Honors & Awards
Named an ACM Fellow (2008) and IEEE Fellow (2014) for “contributions to computer security and fault-tolerant distributed computing.”
ACM Special Interest Group on Security, Audit and Control (SIGSAC) Outstanding Contributions Award for “pioneering research contributions and leadership in computer and information security,” 2016.
Computer and communications security, Distributed computing
- Y Liu, P Ning, MK Reiter. False data injection attacks against state estimation in electric power grids. ACM Transactions on Information and System Security (TISSEC) 14 (1), 1-33, 2011.
- JM McCune, BJ Parno, A Perrig, MK Reiter, H Isozaki. Flicker: An execution infrastructure for TCB minimization. Proceedings of the 3rd ACM SIGOPS/EuroSys European Conference on Computer Systems, pages 315-328, 2008.
- IH Jermyn, A Mayer, F Monrose, MK Reiter, AD Rubin. The design and analysis of graphical passwords. USENIX Association, 1999.
- MK Reiter, AD Rubin. Crowds: Anonymity for web transactions. ACM transactions on information and system security (TISSEC) 1 (1), 66-92, 1998.
- MK Franklin, MK Reiter. The design and implementation of a secure auction service. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 22 (5), 302-312, 1996.