Associate Professor of Computer Science and Biochemistry
- Faculty Area:
- alberto at cs.duke.edu
- Web page:
Ph.D., Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Minnesota, 2005
M.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, 2001
B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Universidad de la Republica, Uruguay, 1999
Honors & Awards
- 13th Annual Staff Scientist and Staff Clinician Retreat Best Poster Award, Center for Cancer Research, 2017
- National Cancer Institute Director’s 10-Year Length of Service Award, National Institutes of Health, 2016
- Norman P. Salzman Memorial Award in Virology, Foundation for the National Institutes of Health, 2008
- Ericsson Graduate Fellowship Award from the Comision Academica de Posgrado, Universidad de la Republica, 2000
Computational and Structural Biology, High-Resolution Electron Microscopy, Single-Particle Analysis, Cryo-Electron Tomography, Image Analysis, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Biomedical Imaging, Applied Mathematics.
- Atomic Resolution Cryo-EM Structure of Beta-Galactosidase, with Aguerrebere C, Falconieri V, Banerjee S, Earl LA, Zhu X, Grigorieff N, Milne JLS, Sapiro G, Wu X, and Subramaniam S. Structure. 26(6), 2018.
- Cryo-EM structures reveal mechanism and inhibition of DNA targeting by a CRISPR-Cas surveillance complex, with Guo TW, Yang H, Falconieri V, Rao P, Merk A, Eng ET, Raczkowski AM, Fox T, Earl LA, Patel DJ, and Subramaniam S. Cell. 171(2): 414-426, 2017.
- Breaking Cryo-EM Resolution Barriers to Facilitate Drug Discovery, with Merk A, Banerjee S, Falconieri V, Rao P, Davis M, Pragani R, Boxer M, Earl LA, Milne JLS, and Subramaniam S. Cell. 165(7): 1698-1707, 2016.
- 2.3 Å resolution cryo-EM structure of human p97 and mechanism of allosteric inhibition, with Banerjee S, Merk A, Rao P, Bulfer SL, Yan Y, Green N, Mroczkowski B, Neitz RJ, Wipf P, Falconieri V, Deshaies RJ, Milne JLS, Huryn D, Arkin M, and Subramaniam S. Science. 351(6275): 871-875, 2016.
- 2.2 Å resolution cryo-EM structure of β-galactosidase in complex with a cell-permeant inhibitor, with Merk A, Banerjee S, Matthies D, Wu X, Milne JLS, and Subramaniam S. Science. 348(6239): 1147-1151, 2015.