Professor of Computer Science, Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Faculty Area:
- Systems & Architecture
- chase at cs.duke.edu
- D306 LSRC
- (919) 660-6559
- Web page:
Ph.D., University of Washington, Seattle, 1995
B.A., Dartmouth College, 1985
Honors & Awards
Top 20 in 20 Years Paper Award, High Performance Distributed Computing (HPDC); IBM Faculty Awards; Best Paper Awards 2002, 2000; NSF CAREER Award,1996; Intel Foundation Fellow, 1993.
Utility computing, network storage and network I/O, distributed systems, operating systems, and large-scale network services.
- I. Baldine, Y. Xin, A. Mandal, P. Ruth, A. Yumerefendi, J. Chase. ExoGENI: A Multi-Domain Infrastructure-as-a-Service Testbed. TridentCom: International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks and Communities, in Proceedings, June 2012.
- B. Xie, J. Chase, D. Dillow, O. Drokin, S. Klasky, S. Oral, N. Podhorszki. Characterizing I/O Bottlenecks on a Supercomputer. The International Conference for High Performance Computing, Networking, Storage, and Analysis, Supercomputing, in Proceedings, November 2012 (award paper).
- A. Brown and J. Chase. Trusted Platform-as-a-Service: A Foundation for Trustworthy Cloud-Hosted Applications. ACM Cloud Computing Security Workship (CCSW11), in Proceedings, October 2011.
- Y. Xin, I. Baldine, A. Mandal, C. Heerman, J. Chase, A. Yumerefendi. Embedding Virtual Topologies in Networked Clouds. 6th International Conference on Future Internet Technologies (CFI 2011), in Proceedings, June 2011.
- A. Mandal, Y. Xin, I. Baldine, P. Ruth, C. Heermann, J. Chase, V. Orlikowski, A. Yumerefendi. Provisioning and Evaluating Multi-domain Networked Clouds for Hadoop-based Applications. 3rd International Conference on Cloud Computing Technologies and Science (IEEE Cloudcom 11), in Proceedings, 2011.