Carla Schlatter Ellis
Professor Emeritus of Computer Science
- Faculty Area:
- Systems & Architecture
- carla at cs.duke.edu
- Web page:
Ph.D., University of Washington, 1979
M.S., University of Washington, 1977
B.S., University of Toledo, 1972
Honors & Awards
CMG Best Paper Award, "Clock Instability and its Effect on Time Intervals in Performance Studies," 1995.
Energy management of computing devices, experimental mobile and wireless systems, and context-aware systems. Former interests include parallel and distributed systems and concurrent data structures.
- Heng Zeng, Alvin Lebeck, and Carla Ellis, "Experiences in Managing Energy with ECOSystem", IEEE Pervasive Computing, January-March 2005. Special issue on energy harvesting and conservation, pp 62-68.
- Jam Jenkins, and Carla Ellis, "Using Ground Reaction Forces from Gait Analysis: Body Mass as a Weak Biometric", International Conference on Pervasive Computing, May 2007.
- Rebecca Braynard, Adam Silberstein, and Carla Ellis, "Extending Network Lifetime Using an Automatically Tuned Energy-Aware MAC Protocol", 3rd European Workshop on Wireless Sensor Networks, February 2006.
- Carla Ellis, "Controlling Energy Demand in Mobile Computing Systems", Morgan & Claypool Publishers, Synthesis Lectures on Mobile and Pervasive Computing Series, 2007.
- Paul Flikkema, Pankaj Agarwal, Jim Clark, Carla Ellis, Alan Gelfand, Kamesh Munagala, and Jun Yang, "Model-Driven Dynamic Control of Embedded Wireless Sensor Networks", May. 2006. DDDAS Workshop at the International Conference on Computational Science 2006 (ICCS 2006).