NOTE: ALL PROPOSALS MUST BE COORDINATED WITH THE RESEARCH ADMINISTRATOR.
Proposal process starts when the following has been provided:
- Title, start date, duration
- Funder due date
- URL of RFP
- All personnel names and roles
- All departments/institutions (with admin contact info)
- Full list of budget elements - examples include:
- PI/ Co-PI Effort/ Year,
- PD Effort/ Year (if any),
- # Person-trips/ Year (domestic and international),
- Human Subjects Payments, and etc.
Notify the Research Administrator (RA) of your intent to submit as soon as possible, but not later than the deadlines below:
- Single/Multiple CS PI Proposals: 20 business days before proposal deadline
- Multiple Departments and/or Schools and/or Universities or other institutions: 25 businessdays before deadline as set by lead organization (proposal deadline if Duke is lead)
- SPS Finalized: 7 Business Days prior to sponsor deadline.
- Requests for waiver must go to the Chair in writing a minimum of 24-hours PRIOR TO THE SPS DEADLINE, with a CC to the CS RA.
- FastLane view, edit, and submit status: 5 Business Days prior to sponsor deadline.
Proposal Preparation Resources
- NSF Proposal Preparation Guidelines
- NIH Proposal Preparation Guidelines
- Duke Office of Research Support
- Fringe Benefit Rates
- Sample Budget Justification PDF
- Statment of Work Guidelines PDF
- Facilities Description PDF
- NSF Data Management Guidance - CISE Proposals & Awards
- Duke Libraries’ Research Data Management Resources
- NSF CISE Broadening Participation in Computing (BPC) Guidelines