Professor of Computer Science
- Faculty Area:
- Scientific Computing
- xiaobai at cs.duke.edu
- D107 LSRC
- (919) 660-6518
- Web page:
Ph.D., University of Maryland at College Park, 1991
M.S., Academia Sinica, Beijing, China, 1983
Numerical analysis, matrix theory, high-performance scientific computing, and parallel computing.
Theory and algorithm development for large matrix computation problems arising in computational science and engineering.
- Sun, X. "A Methodology Towards Automatic Implementation of N-body Algorithms." to appear in J. Numer. Comp.
- Sun, X. and Pitsianis, N. "A Matrix Version of the Fast Multipole Method." SIAM Review, 43.2, (2002): 289-300.
- Sun, X., Jin, W., and Chase, J. "FastSlim: Prefetch-Safe Trace Reduction for I/O System Simulation." ACM Transactions in Modeling andSimulation, 2000.
- Pauca, P., Ellerbroek, B., Plemmons, B., and Sun, X. "Structured Matrix Representatives of Two-parameter (Hankel) Transforms in AdaptiveOptics." Linear Algebra and Its Applications, 316, (2000): 29-43.
- Greengard, L. and Sun, X. "A New Version of the Fast Gauss Transform." Documenta Mathematica, Extra Volume ICM III, (1998): 575-584.