Clare Boothe Luce Assistant Professor of Computer Science, Assistant Professor of Electrical & Computer Engineering
- Faculty Area:
- Architecture and Systems
- lisa at cs.duke.edu
- D304 LSRC
- (919) 660-6566
- Web page:
Ph.D., Columbia University, 2014
Computer architecture and microarchitecture, hardware-software co-designs, accelerators, and emerging application domains ― especially those in big data analytics such as genomics, graphs, and databases. One of my research goals is to greatly simplify the design, deployment, and usage of custom hardware and to leverage this research in hardware acceleration to advance state-of-the-art research in the healthcare domain as well as other natural sciences.
- Lisa Wu, David Bruns-Smith, Frank A. Nothaft, Qijing Huang, Sagar Karandikar, Johnny Le, Andrew Lin, Howard Mao, Brendan Sweeney, Krste Asanović, David A. Patterson, and Anthony D. Joseph, "FPGA Accelerated INDEL Realignment in the Cloud". To appear in the IEEE International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA) 2019.
- Tae Jun Ham, Lisa Wu, Narayanan Sundaram, Nadathur Rajagopalan Satish, and Margaret Martonosi, "Graphicionado: High-Performance and Energy-Efficient Accelerator for Graph Analytics". International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO) 2016. Awarded Best Paper. IEEE Micro Top Picks Honorable Mention.
- Lisa Wu, Andrea Lottarini, Timothy K. Paine, Martha A. Kim, and Kenneth A. Ross, "Q100: The Architecture and Design of a Database Processing Unit". ACM Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS) 2014. Best Paper Nominee. IEEE Micro Top Picks.
- Lisa Wu, Raymond J. Barker, Martha A. Kim, and Kenneth A. Ross, "Navigating Big Data with High-Throughput Energy-Efficient Data Partitioning". International Symposium on Computer Architecture (ISCA) 2013. IEEE Micro Top Picks.
- Lisa Wu, Martha A. Kim, and Stephen A. Edwards, "Cache Impacts of Datatype Acceleration". IEEE Computer Architecture Letters (CAL) 2011. Best of CAL.