Accounts are closed in batches, typically in the spring and fall of the year, as the Lab staff workload permits. Departmental members whose accounts have been scheduled to expire should take note of the process outlined below.
Prior to closing
- CS student accounts will be automatically converted to guest accounts upon graduation. The account will remain active for approximately one year.
- Users whose accounts are slated for closing should receive an automated e-mail reminding them of the status change of their account.
- Users are strongly encouraged to consult the account closing checklist, to prepare for the closing of their account.
- CS students can request account extensions beyond the initial year through CS faculty sponsorship.
After your guest account expires
- After your guest account expires, access to the account will be disabled and the account will no longer receive e-mail. An automated responder will notify senders that the account has been disabled, and will provide a forwarding address, if one is on file.
- Account are removed, twice yearly, in batches. Beyond that time it will be impossible to recover files from a deleted account.
If you have any questions please contact the Lab staff.